February 27, 2010

Leftovers

"Less is more" is a known design principle. I, however, have hard time following it. For me the more flowers I use, the better I feel about it :). Thank god I did not have too many this time. These were leftovers after the Friday night cleaning. All the flowers were gone in my recent red Ikebana arrangement, but tiny green leaves that showed up instead made it impossible to throw old twigs away. So I cut this small branch of of it, pushed it into a kenzan, and realized that it can make a very nice arrangement. Still something else was needed. I did not want to take away from the beautiful shape of the twig, so gentle, white, almost invisible Daffodils were just the right thing to go next to it. It took me a while to figure out how to finish it. After I bent and put Pausiflora at the bottom, I decided it looks good with little marbles on the table. The vase itself with it's wavy forms looked like a bow, and added a touch of sophistication to this simple arrangement. All in all, it made me feel happy, and despite a really bad headache, I went to bed in a good mood.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please write your comment here.
I would love to hear from you.