January 15, 2011

Today, tomorrow, on the weekend.....

Finally the Holidays are over!
The nervousness, the rush, the confusion that goes with it is now replaced with usual routine, familiar duties, with common sense and clear understanding of what to be done today,... tomorrow,... on weekend. And with that, my Ikebana classes are back on schedule. Despite new job, despite annoying new Bosses, despite congested highway traffic, I made my way to the lesson this week. And, as always, I was rewarded.
The flowers are still wintry, the pine is still Holidays like, but the brunches with tiny blossoms are here to remind me of spring. To point out the obvious : that we are in the second half of January, and it is time to get ready: to cut my roses, to check on my tulips and daffodils, which already poking through the ground, to clean the fountain, and to wait...
And while I am patiently waiting for my garden to awake, I can still arrange flowers in bouquets. They should brighten up my winter mornings and, hopefully, will compensate the lack of blooms in my sleepy garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please write your comment here.
I would love to hear from you.