November 27, 2011

November Garden Vignettes.

Thanksgiving Holiday besides everything else, means four days off work. It did feel like a blessing from the skies! The weather was wonderful, considering that it is the end of November. Yesterday, I spent more than 4 hours outside, and made some pictures, while taking short breaks between cleaning , pruning, and attending to few forgotten corners of my garden.
Photo #1 .
This was just a pile of left over pebbles after recent renovation, so I decided to put a pot in the middle of it to brighten it up. I just had to find plants, that will go into it, and which would grow without much care, since it is quite a dark spot. Believe it or not, but I found completely neglected orchid, which to my surprise had a shoot with flower buds. It became the center piece of my arrangement. I also snipped few succulents, which there are plenty all over the garden, and see what I've got: a perfect garden vignette! My husband said that it is too symmetrical to his taste, but i think, that after it grows, the symmetry will not be so obvious. We will see who was right later in spring. I will keep you posted...
Photo #2. Now, this would not be anything special, if it wouldn't be the end of November. Doesn't this rose tree look like in spring? Perfect undamaged leaves and many blossoms. I 'll tell you why. I didn't like how it looked back then in August, so I cut it. And quite severely, like I normally do in winter. It was not a pretty picture then, but it looks like new now, when the other roses are so pitiful, that I have hard time waiting for January to prune them. Dark velvety Coleus is a lovely compliment to light pink of the roses. Who would believe that it is November?
Photo #3. And finally- true autumn. Beautiful yellow leaves! They are all over the wet deck. Even white, naked chairs look like they should in autumn- sleepy and ready for winter and rain.
Happy Thanksgiving to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please write your comment here.
I would love to hear from you.