April 17, 2012

Spring in Ann Arbor

This morning I was alone in the house. The sun was out, I had no car, no urgent pressing duties, so I went for a walk in the neighborhood. Spring is early in Ann Arbor this year. And it is a different, I would say a "proper" type of spring here, not an instant California one, which becomes summer before you even realize that the winter is over. The abundance of lilac bushes caught me unprepared. Purple flowers triggered the memory of a similar time of the year in a small town in Belarus where I grew up. With the i-tune's music from my youth happily pumping it's way to a distant memory in my heart and flowering lilac around me i had 30 min of sheer bliss. Unexpectedly, I fell into that rare state of mind when one feels free and envious of his own destiny. Young and hopeful when the future is still undesided, and when the world around you seems just perfect and belongs only to you.

2 comments:

  1. Love your stories Natasha. Thoroughly understand your feelings. Enjoy life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I am here till Friday with my kids and grand kids

    ReplyDelete

Please write your comment here.
I would love to hear from you.